







With my children, I watched one of the most amazing shows Mother Nature has to offer....
A friend moved away this fall. The house had not sold yet, so I offered to keep a watch over the property. I snooped around her garden, picking some vegetables and flowers (to keep them from just rotting away, you see?) I also spied some monarch caterpillars happily chomping away on their favorite food, swamp milkweed, that she also had in her gardens. My kids encouraged me to bring them home to watch the metamorphosis happen before our very eyes, which I had never seen.... Here... our observations....
(Now...I only wish my own personal metamorphosis was complete.)
7 comments:
How cool! And what wonderful pictures! My kids would love to watch something like this!
Hi there-
Wonderful photos - and learning opportunity for you and your kids. :-)
Love you
Gail
peace.....
What a wonderful experience for both you and the kids. You blessed your friend by watching over her home and GOD blessed you by places these wonderful creatures in your midst and allowing you to watch their metamorphosis.
Blessings and prayers, andrea
I have joined to follow your blog and look forward to getting to know you.
This was a really cool and amazing thing we watched.... And enjoyed.... My goal now is to plant milkweed so that we naturally attract the monarchs to our backyard!!
Andrea, Welcome!!! I hope I don't disappoint! (Now, please DO tell me how you came to stumble upon my place??!!)
Remarkable. The intelligence of nature is astonishing.
Lily loves to chase butterflies. She never catches them but she enjoys watching them flap their beautiful wings.
LBR: Indeed, but are you saying you believe in "intelligent design?????????"
Oh! the pictures I have in my head of your lovely Lily chasing the winged wonders!! I love it!!!!
that is so very cool! (and we humans never really complete that transformation until we are just a husk do we?)
Post a Comment